Tuesday, January 5, 2016

My new best friends

I always see things from people my age about having a kid and they see who their real friends are and then they chant about being lonely all the time.
See I chose to marry Zak and have these babies with him. We live in a 3 bedroom 3 bathroom home and are gaining financial independence. We don't party, we dont do drugs, we spend our weeks going to the park and grocery shopping and you wanna know what we did tonight?! Organized toys and built a fort. It was SO FREAKING FUN! I also did the dishes, made chicken and potatoes and we sat on the living room floor (even though the dinner table was accessible) and had a picnic dinner.

I Don't "need" friends. I have a life long relationship with 3 people who are great listeners, fun to hang out with, we snuggle and stuff our faces, they don't judge my weight or if my hair is a mess. They could care less if I have cute clothes or if my makeup is done. They're willing to do pretty much anything I wanna do and even if I am grouchy, they still love me regardless. When we fight, its a pretty quick makeup and they will eat nutella and pop corn with me and laugh 10 minutes after crying and yelling at me.

I find an amazing friendship in my small circle. and my Husband and 2 kids are truly the 3 best friends I could ever have.

I Hope that for you Mom's that feel alone and let down by your past, you can find a friendship in your children or your significant other. It can be hard to do but I know we all have had a moment or 2 where we have cried to our children and they have just listened and caught our tears. That to me is a damn good friendship developing.

No comments:

Post a Comment